BacklightBleedTest.org is committed to ensure its user the protection, privacy, and security of their personal data. The present page aims to inform you on how we deal with your personal data. Such policy shall evolve according to the European legislation. BacklightBleedTest.org may at all times edit it, and we recommend our users to frequently check for updates.
- User: a person using services offered by BacklightBleedTest.org.
- Personal data: all information relative to an individual, allowing to identify him/her directly or indirectly.
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR): European regulatory text that regulates the processing of personal data throughout the territory of the European Union (No. 2016/679 of 27 April 2016). It came into force on May 25, 2018.
What data do we collect?
The processing of your personal data is subject to compliance with the GDPR and Law No. 78-17 of 6 January 1978 on data processing, files and freedoms, in countries in which the GDPR – or similar regulations – applies.
We use a self-hosted and cookie-less version of Matomo Analytics to gather statistics on our users. Our analytics tool gathers for statistical purposes:
- Users’ anonymized IP addresses – only the first six digits are collected
- Users’ provenance (other website, search engine, social networks)
- Users’ geolocation information relative to their IP address (city, region and country
On our “Test results” page, we may gather data about your computer screen, TV, laptop or smartphone.
The two aforementioned sources of data are never crossed. Hence, no personal data – allowing to identify our users directly or indirectly – are collected on BacklightBleedTest.org.